CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hong Kong

Hello all! Sorry it has taken me so long to update. I had internet for a few days in Hong Kong but just no time to update. I just got internet on the ship yesterday and it is adequate but expensive. I will be planning on posting about once every 5 days, but don’t hold me to that as it is difficult to promise!

But on to the good stuff! I arrived safely in Hong Kong with Dad and Carol and we were able to find our apartment just fine. I did get sick at the end of the flight but other than that I made the 14 hour flight alright. O and the airport lost our luggage but it was delivered the next day to our apartment in Hong Kong. A short summary of Hong Kong: We walked around the main streets in the city just taking in all the sights and all the people. I have never seen so many people! Some of the shots I got are amazing of just thousands of black haired people walking the streets. We went to Victoria Peak on the tram and saw the most beautiful view of the city all lit up at night. We also went to Kowloon and did some shopping at the jade market and the ladies market and found some good bargains. The next day we were still recovering from jet lag and very long days so we took it easy and went to a salon for our hair and nails to get done. It was a very nice break since we had been going nonstop. Then that night we took a New Year’s ferry and watched the Symphony of Lights and a special New Year’s fireworks show on a boat on the water. There I met Vincent, my Taiwanese love, who gave me a special New Year’s kiss. (no worries it was just on the cheek but don’t worry I have pictures to document it!) That night getting home was a nightmare as thousands of Chinese filled the streets trying to ride the subway home. We were pushed and shoved until we made home from among the throngs. Then our last day we went to Lantau Island and took the newly opened cable car (after a 2 hour wait) to see the Big Buddha temple and monastery. It was a great experience but we were freezing and tired of lines by the end of it. We tried to find my temple in Hong Kong but to no avail, but as a close second we found a cool shop where Carol and I got some traditional Chinese clothing. We then had drinks at the hotel where Dad had stayed 35 years ago on his R and R from Vietnam, which was pretty cool.

0 comments: