CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Time flies!

I realized it has been quite awhile since my last post, which means (unfortunately) I have to try and remember everything and write about it all! I will do my best to summarize effectively and quickly!
Between the Seychelles and South Africa was midterms, and ironically, the worst weather of the trip. The seas were quite rough around the Cape and coming into Cape Town. We also had to go on the inside of Madagascar instead of the outside to avoid more bad weather from a cyclone that had occured earlier. There was mainly school stuff during this leg and nothing super exciting, except for the Crew Talent Show, where crew members performed for us. They sang and danced and there was even a whole band! They sang, in uniform, "In the Navy" and it was hilarious. There was even some drag in there! One day, I helped with the research institute onboard to launch a research probe into the ocean to record temperatures and other data. The Scholar Ship is part of a worldwide effort by cruise ships to record data from all parts of the ocean. It was pretty cool to go to a different part of the ship and be part of a research team. We also had the Middle East and African Cultural show which was very cool! Students from the ship did traditional dances including Gumboots, belly dancing, and the Moroccan students did a presentation on Morocco. I wore a traditional sari that I bought in India and it was a good night!

0 comments: